Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in our Motion Graphics Designer position. To apply, please select “Corporate” as your location.
Motion Graphics Designer
Are you looking to be a key part of a growing business? Do you thrive when challenged and are look to make a positive and creative change in customers’ lives? Then Caliber Car Wash is the place for you!
Caliber Car Wash is hiring a Motion Graphics Designer to join Caliber’s Marketing Team. You’ll be working closely with the head of marketing and branding and will be tasked with helping to develop the company’s visual brand through compelling motion graphics and LED signage.
Caliber Car Wash opened its first wash in 2019 and quickly expanded to 14 locations throughout the Southeast by 2021. The company has plans to rapidly expand throughout the Northeast, including announced washes throughout Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and other areas. We hope you’ll join our scaling team as your efforts will have a direct impact on the company and our customers.
At Caliber, we know that employees set us apart. We prioritize delivering the highest caliber customer service possible by using the latest car wash technology and by hiring people who want to make a difference. Our goal is to provide a clean, safe, friendly environment to every person using our facilities and to make the experience as efficient and exceptional as possible, whether at the wash or online.
We offer competitive pay with benefits:
- Health Insurance – Paid 100% by the employer
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Casual Work Environment
- Vacation Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 10+ Paid Holidays
About the Position
Caliber’s marketing team is looking for an individual to design motion graphics for onsite signage, including LED video boards, digital menus, and other channels, including web, social, and mobile. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starting, self-motivating, and goal-oriented risk-taker. Caliber is a fast-growing company with hopes of elevating its visual stories as it grows. The work presents unique and new situations, you will be instrumental in developing Caliber’s visual story as the company’s first motion graphics designer.
Caliber’s brand emphasizes strong, clean design. You will be encouraged to try new designs and techniques that work within brand guidelines. Our team believes that to be the best, you must innovate, and we hope you will find some of that creative freedom here. This job requires independent and individualistic thinking and behavior, where critical thinking and innovation are needed. Also, this is a growing team with opportunities for career advancement both professionally and through company scaling. If you like the freedom to take charge of your own assignments, are a critical and creative thinks, having an inquiring mind, and are a problem-solver we would love to meet!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping define visual branding through the creation of bold, innovative ideas
- Excellent ability to tell a story through motion graphics
- Create both 2D and 3D (preferred) animations and motion graphics for roadside LED video boards, digital menus, and other channels, including web, mobile, and social media
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of software (Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro)
- Collaborate with team members to find creative solutions to design communication and value propositions for customers
- Can parse through feedback/creative direction while bringing unique ideas to each project
- Understands how to design within branding guidelines, while innovating and exploring
- Has a passion for new design styles, technologies, techniques, and trends
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, balancing time constraints while maintaining quality
- Produce deliverables for multiple outputs, formats, and displays with ease
- Motivated to find ways to innovate design and team processes to improve workflow
- Experience creating brand visuals that ramp up brand engagement
- Strong creative thinking skills, exhibiting a range of varied styles and techniques
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter
- Strong team player, leader, self-starter, and positive catalyst; encourages an environment of collaboration and entrepreneurship
- The ability to partner with other team members and stakeholders to create content used across a variety of platforms
- Demonstrated project and time-management skills; ability to deliver quality work under tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has positive attitude and isn’t afraid to try new tactics/designs
- 3+ years of experience, formal design training a plus
- Specialty in roadside signage highly preferred
- A portfolio reel of animation work
- 3D experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of After Effects and related software
- Basic graphic design skills and understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Enjoys creating visuals that tell a story and inspire
- Solid understanding of visual language – perspective, POV, proportion, color, composition, framing, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Atlanta, GA area preferred; Remote/hybrid work options available
Caliber Car Wash provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gr-Green complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Related keywords: Motion graphics, editing, design, animation, animator, visual designer